The easier it is to do the right thing, the more likely it is that you’ll do it. Simple, sustainable changes are the way to make a real impact on the environment (and your energy bill). If you’ve been hoping to make a change for the greener, The SOHO Shop makes conservation effortless by giving you the tools to manage your energy consumption automatically:
- Never again hunt for a light switch in a darkened hallway or run around after family members shutting off lights in empty rooms: Motion sensor lighting allows you to have bright light when and where you need it – and only when you need it.
- Adjustable dimmer settings let you choose just how much light you need, without buying five different bulbs or having a different lamp in every corner of the room. Simply choose the light level you want from your touchscreen or keypad. For everyday lighting, you can set your lights 10% to 15% dimmer without noticing a reduction in visibility, and see a corresponding reduction in your energy bill.
- Make sure your sprinklers go off only when needed. Our system’s mobile interface lets you manage your settings from an iPhone, iPad, or any other computer, so you’re not watering your lawn during a downpour.
- Don’t leave the lights burning: set your security lighting to go on at sunset and turn off at sunrise and the system will handle the rest, including adjusting the times as the seasons change. To use even less energy while you’re away, set up a one-touch “goodbye” setting that shuts off lights and TVs and locks doors throughout the house, and with the press of a button you’ll be ready to walk out the door.
- Customize your temperature settings so that the heater or air conditioner only kicks on a few minutes before you get home. You’ll save by not heating an empty house, but always walk through the door to a perfectly comfortable home.
- Go beyond temperature control to manage your overall energy usage. Many of our home automation systems can integrate with utility company Smart Grid programs, meaning that devices managed by your system can be set to automatically use less energy during peak rate times. You get the benefit of lower energy costs, and the utility company is better able to manage its resources, leading to lower overall costs for consumers.
To find out more about how residential automation can help you live a greener life, contact The SOHO Shop for a free consultation today.